Friday, January 29, 2016

Steve Grand: "Quiet Confidence = BONER"

Singer/songwriter Steve Grand is essentially saying "FUCK YO' COUCH!" to scheduled releases...not concerning his "We Are the Night" t-shirt design contest; the winner will be announced by the end of the week of January 25th. (My lack of subtlety has gotten me everywhere I shouldn't be.)

That aside, Grand announced he was editing another vlog with his adorable cat Tasha [who I remember fondly from pimping out "Bennie and the Jets" and "Time" when they were released as singles] on his lap around midnight...like 12 minutes ago from starting to write this (FUN FACT: 12 AM in musician time is roughly 10 AM in standard time.)

So what did the Americana Beyonce decide to release as his 4th (!) vlog video in one month and 2nd in roughly 1-2 days?


The above font in Helvetica or at least some sans serif font is the shit that happened the late as HELL night Steve hinted at a vlog. That aside, the music video [and maybe separate audio posting] of the "We Are the Night" remix is dues in some weeks.


That aside, today's vlog video revolves around what kind of guy Steve happens to be into. It isn't that surprising once you find out (Or read the title of this entry) XP







Observations: Yes Steve, you did get the chart terms right; X-axis, Y-axis all that algebra shit ON FLEEK. [Although you tried to determine a slope which No T, No Shade you kind of bit off more than you could chew. No correlation means slopes can fuck off. I suck at math too so don't take my word for it.]



"But do I get a sunshine sticker for my graph?"
-Yes you do; *sunshine sticker*

- Quiet confidence; (n.) (s.)- Confidence that's actually natural and not a front for being a douchebag.

- Want proof I'm not shallow? I can still love Steve even though he's wearing some yarn monstrosity KNOWING he's wearing it for function over looks (Or at least I hope to the LORDE OUR GAGA that's the case).

- Here's the thing about "nuance", "complexity", "depth", "subtlety" and all that shit's that foreign to me. No one that actually has any of those things says they have any of those things! It's this weird state of being self-aware but being natural about it; if you fuck up it's either self-consciousness or arrogance/pretentiousness and those weird things in quotes are supposed to be happy mediums.

- The thing about wanting growth or someone that wants to grow as a person: great in theory, but someone who has just come into not hating themselves explicitly or implicitly anymore *waves hand* there has to be room to let that person be themselves.
Something about that person attracted you to them, so let that flourish until you have a "talk" but not dump them.

- Wanting someone hot with character and can pass for normal in public? ERMAHGERD, that's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a demanding checklist...EW MY GAWWWWWWWWWWWWD...

- FUN FACT about me: Even with one relationship under my belt (Don't ever date a flake who works at Macy's...oops.) from crushes past, I know I go for guys that are the opposite of me; usually, dorky white guys that I tend to find uniquely beautiful and interesting enough for me to lust after. (Steve, I will so DM you my number on Twitter if you would like.)

- YOU ARE NOT BASIC, Steve. Even if you're playing that up, you're not some rando white chick with Uggs, Starbucks & tacky sweatpants from Victoria's Secret.

Now that that's out of the way, any to ALL OF YOU need to at least like his video, share the shit out of it and follow him on social media...


***NOTE: When I showed Grand a preview of this entry, it was revealed that he intends on trying to make the vlogs happen on a weekly basis again. In this case as opposed to immediate, he's intending on a Wednesday or so release...***






No comments:

Post a Comment