Here's the link for you people with $$$$ to support him.
If like me, you have no money, share the video and up the views.
Singer/Songwriter Steve Grand covers that damned Zayn song in his latest YouTube entry. Yes "PillowTalk" is infernal, retched garbage that's popular, BUT given that Steve has talent he did give a preview of this with his BTS Gramercy videos from a few weeks back.
Here's the video and MY thoughts are after the jump:
OBSERVATIONS: LOVING the Marilyn Monroe t-shirt. Also, the shade to any #Speedogate bitches is life affirming.
- The piano work alone is worth people's time. Chances are it's going to be a cover that gets the likes of Towleroad, NewNowNext, etc. talking about his music again but considering Steve turned trash into treasure this time it'll be worth it...
THOUGH YOU BITCHES ARE STILL WRONG FOR IGNORING "We Are the Night". #NeverForget
- This was recorded right around when he had pneumonia or was recovering from pneumonia which apparently sucks more than "PillowTalk". Not saying a lot, but pneumonia sucks.
- Back to the piano work, this arrangement sort of gives "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys realness WHICH PROVES STEVE IS POP despite some "country" tinges.
- Even though "PillowTalk" is a scourge in music, the song actually shows off Steve's range. I still want him to cover songs that don't suck but if he can do THIS to "PillowTalk", anything is possible.
- Like a good musician, Steve claims the song he's covering is stunning and whether or not he actually hates it will never be known because good musicians [or at least the ones who don't come across bitter] like everything in theory. <3
- His projection is AMAZING. Seriously, this is what made me love his singing above a LOT of things.