Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Covering Ground: What I Think Steve Grand Should Cover Next

Admittedly, this is a stretch for content as I'm utterly aimless in life outside of the keyboard. In other words, better I be at a keyboard than say...placating and projecting anger physically and/or emotionally on other people.

In a previous post, I went over songs that I feel singer/songwriter/LGBTQ activist/hot dork, Steve Grand, should cover. A fit of boredom later and I have an extensive list songs that I feel he should cover. Despite the presence of Shania Twain, Dixie Chicks and Faith Hill, these are songs that I feel could transition into Grand's pop/singer-songwriter piano style. [Don't be alarmed; Zayn is included even though he is utter trash on all songs not named...well see below.]

"OH GOD, DO YOU HATE THE SONGS HE PICKS THAT MUCH?" If you remember the first time I went over this, it's not just that; it wouldn't hurt to have me feel important nor would it hurt for him to expand on a pop identity in music. It's principle we're dealing with...and the fact I desire to feel important and listened to by someone I respect [and would have sex with.]

Here's the list in full; don't see a song you think should be here? Well you're you and I have taste...<3

"Enjoy the Silence" - Depeche Mode
"People Talk" or "This Time I Know It's For Real" - Donna Summer
"You and I" or "Paparazzi" or “Brown Eyes” - Lady Gaga
"Young & Beautiful" or "Shades of Cool" - Lana Del Rey
"Don't Call Me Baby" - Madison Avenue

"You're Still the One" or "That Don't Impress Me Much" - Shania Twain
"Haunted" - Beyoncé
"Get Along with You" [original or live EMAs version] or "Suspended" or “Brave” - Kelis
"Heart of Glass" - Blondie
"My Favourite Game" - The Cardigans

“Desperado” or “SOS” - Rihanna
“Giant In My Heart” - Kiesza
“How Deep Is Your Love” - Calvin Harris ft. Disciples
“Into You” - Ariana Grande
“Love At First Sight” - Kylie Minogue

“Underneath Your Clothes” - Shakira
“Come On Over (All I Want Is You)” - Christina Aguilera
“Cool” or “Make Me Like You” - Gwen Stefani
“Wake Up Call” or “Makes Me Wonder” - Maroon 5
“Wake Up” – DAWN

“Heartbreaker”- Mariah Carey
“Don’t Tell Me” or “Living For Love” - Madonna
“Back and Forth” - Giorgio Moroder ft. Kelis
“Everytime” - Britney Spears
“We Need a Resolution” – Aaliyah

“What Have You Done For Me Lately” - Janet Jackson
“One Headlight” - The Wallflowers
“The Harold Song” - Kesha
“Never Can Say Goodbye” - Gloria Gaynor
“People Like Us” - Kelly Clarkson

“Why Can’t I?” - Liz Phair
“Not Ready to Make Nice” - Dixie Chicks
“Don’t Wanna Fall In Love” - Jane Child OR Kimberly Wyatt of the Pussycat Dolls
“So Complicated” - Noisettes
“Lies” [live version] - Marina and the Diamonds

“Waiting For Tonight” - Jennifer Lopez
“Don’t Speak” or “Hella Good” - No Doubt
“Stickwitu” - Pussycat Dolls ft. Avant
“Fallin For You” - Colbie Caillat
“If It Makes You Happy” or “All I Wanna Do” - Sheryl Crow

"The Way You Love Me" - Faith Hill
"Fool For You" - Zayn
"More, More, More" - Andrea True Connection
"Firework" - Katy Perry
"Style" - Taylor Swift

"Sukiyaki" - A Taste of Honey
"I Wanna Dance With Somebody" - as covered by Chrisette Michele
"My Address is Hollywood" - Adore Delano
"Knock on Wood" - Amii Stewart
"I'm Not Perfect (But I'm Perfect For You)" - Grace Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment