Monday, January 13, 2014

The One Where I Shamelessly Recant Famous Things & My Involvement With Said Famous Things

Hey all [2-3 Twitter accounts] reading this. Your favorite Oxy-Cotton Bowl Halftime Performer [new phrase for smart-ass] here & I just wanted to take the time to plug all the famous shit I've encountered when not recapping The Voice.

If the thought of me being sort of sanctimonious sounding (Thorry to thoth with lithpth) offends thee...

Around the Thanksgiving break, I pretty much died in a good way [like Lady "ARTPOP is NOT a flop" Gaga sang on "Venus" {"When you touch me I die, just a little inside}] when I talked to Cody Belew of The Voice S3 on the On Air with Douglas show! My introduction tweet summed it up...I was more nervous than Madonna at a Lady Gaga concert. So after about 34 minutes or so, I finally get introduced to begin the segment. Cody's first words?

"DAVID! What are you doing with your life?"

I felt so honored. Not only did he remember which of his fans I was, he loved the reviews posted on the blog! He loved that I did not fangirl over them despite the A- grades on both of his efforts. At some point I actually asked the question "Did you feel like you were a victim to the editing?" after he revealed he felt Jennifer Hudson's comments about his persona outshining his voice were "...a low unnecessary blow..." After the segment, Douglas [the host; just in case the A.D.D. ilk got distracted by a squirrel] plugged my reviews and then the hosts and Cody were like "WOW; he was grillin'..." "He went deep!" [they made a dirty from it. : )]



If that wasn't enough, I've also been shouted out in a Top 10 "Hashtag Wars" by the Comedy Central show @midnight hosted by Nerd Sex on Special Shoes, Chris Hardwick. The hashtag was #DietMusicians...my tweet "Rage Against the Soda Machine". The winner would be featured on the January 6th season premiere. Sadly I learned I did not win, but fuck it...I was #8 on the Midnight Tumblr Top 10 Charts [8th one listed, but fuck it I did great]. http://atmidnightcc.tumblr.com/post/72104973113/we-are-engorged-with-dietmusicians-tweets-you [the link for proof]

I also have met the wonderful and hilarious Ralphie May after his show in San Antonio.


I felt that pimpalicious afterwards.

In summation, help Cody Belew become a success [he's on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pushpage and his website is codybelew.com]; watch @midnight on Comedy Central Monday through Thursday at 12/11c [after the Colbert Report] and worship the plus size adult humor Christ figure known as Ralphie May.

*P.S.- There's other good stuff too, but let's just say I'm "SFW" on this post ; )*

No comments:

Post a Comment